04.09.2018 Second Extraordinary Congress hits ground running with consensus agreement on UPU reform
The subject of reform has long been a subject of intense discussion and debate that has lasted more than 40 years. During the Istanbul Congress, in 2016, member countries adopted several reforms, but left a number on the table and instructed an ad hoc group under the umbrella of the Council of Administration (CA) to complete studies on additional measures of reform.
Move forward two years, and in Addis Ababa, UPU reform came to a welcome conclusion when member countries agreed on a raft of proposals concerning decision-making; improving UPU’s efficiency and management of resources; the qualified and equitable distribution of member countries; as well as enhancing UPU’s role and relevance.
The consensus agreement on reform will likely lead to a reinforcement of UPU’s position as an intergovernmental organization, as well as ensure close cooperation between UPU’s operational body, the Postal Operations Council (POC) and CA, while maintaining their functional separation. Election agreements will also be changed at the POC by creating a simplified election mechanism and more adequate representation across regions.
Reacting to the decision, the topic leader on UPU reform and Deputy Director General, Department of External Affairs, State Post Bureau of the People’s Republic of China, Ms. Gao Hongtao, said the decision on UPU’s reform had seen member countries successfully “… overcome differences in regions, countries and levels of development to achieve consensus.”
On the second day of the Extraordinary Congress, the State Post Bureau of the People’s Republic of China held a lunchtime reception. At that reception, the Director General of State Post Bureau of China, Mr. Junsheng Ma, announced the 3 September signing of a letter of intent between UPU and the State Post Bureau, as well as funding for a rail transportation project. China has also agreed to host a joint UPU/World Customs Organization conference on customs.
- 05.09.2018 - UPU praises postal operators at security awards ceremony
- 04.09.2018 Second Extraordinary Congress hits ground running with consensus agreement on UPU reform
- Transcript of the opening press conference of the Second Extraordinary Congress
- 03.09.2018 Ethiopian dance group’s remarkable energy sets tone for remainder of UPU’s Second Extraordinary Congress
- August 30,2018, Universal Postal Union conference will be held from September 3-7, 2018 in Addis Ababa
- በኢትዮ ቴሌኮም የሥራ አመራር ቦርድነት እና በዋና ሥራ አስፈፃሚነት ሲያገለግሉ የነበሩትንና በአዲስ መልክ እንዲመሩ ለተመደቡት ሽኝትና አቀባበል ፕሮግራም ተደረገ::
- The Ministry would like to express deep sorrow for the sudden loss and death Engineer Simegnew Bekele.
- ሐምሌ 10 ፣2010 ዓ.ም ክብርት ወ/ሮ ዑባህ መሀመድ አቃቂ የሚገኘውን የሚንስቴር መ/ቤቱን የኮምፒዩተር ማደሻና ማሰልጠኛ ተቋም በመጉብኘት የስራ አቅጣጫ ሰጡ፡፡
- July 2, 2018,Ethiopian ICT Conference 2018 was held on the 2nd International ICT EXPO, Ethiopia
- ሰኔ 24፣ 2010 ዓ.ም ኢትዮጵያ በአይሲቲ ዘርፍ መድረስ ከሚገባት ደረጃ ላይ ለመገኘት የግሉን ዘርፍ ዓይነተኛ ሚና እንዳለዉ ተገለፀ::