Ethiopia Ready for New Digital World Adopted Globally, Says Minister
Addis Ababa June 29/2017 Ethiopia is ready for a new and future digital world, according to Ministry of Communications and Information Technology.
In his opening speech to the First International ICT Expo that opened here yesterday, Communications and Information Technology Minister Dr.Debretsion Gebremichael said Ethiopia is ready for a new digital world that has been adopted worldwide.
According to him, Ethiopia has recognized the importance of information technology as part and parcel of the nation's journey towards industrialization.
“We are (therefore) holding this international ICT Expo for the first time under the theme ‘Digital Ethiopia’ at a time when the realms of globalization have brought benefits and opportunities for peoples across the world”, he added.
As part of the implementation of the MDGs, Ethiopia has made commendable progress in the countrywide construction of the Terrestrial National Optic Fiber Cable (OFC), Dr.Debretsion revealed.
Several ICT industry development platforms have been put in place to harmonize the initiatives of private sector development and the direction taken by the government for establishing different technology parks.
The Minister said “we believe in enhancing access to ICT by building a robust ICT industry ecosystem to achieve the ambitious plan of our journey to become a middle income country by 2025.
The expo, which is open to public up to July 2, 2017, displays sub-themes on digital financing, digital agriculture, digital health and digital education.
Several events such as exhibition showcases, panel discussions, and scientific research conferences would be held on the sidelines, it was learned.
Over 300 delegates from 45 countries are attending the expo expected to be visited by more than 300,000 visitors.
- ሐምሌ 10 ፣2010 ዓ.ም ክብርት ወ/ሮ ዑባህ መሀመድ አቃቂ የሚገኘውን የሚንስቴር መ/ቤቱን የኮምፒዩተር ማደሻና ማሰልጠኛ ተቋም በመጉብኘት የስራ አቅጣጫ ሰጡ፡፡
- July 2, 2018,Ethiopian ICT Conference 2018 was held on the 2nd International ICT EXPO, Ethiopia
- ሰኔ 24፣ 2010 ዓ.ም ኢትዮጵያ በአይሲቲ ዘርፍ መድረስ ከሚገባት ደረጃ ላይ ለመገኘት የግሉን ዘርፍ ዓይነተኛ ሚና እንዳለዉ ተገለፀ::
- ሰኔ 24፣ 2010 ዓ.ም የለሙ የመንግስት የኤሌክትሮኒክስ አገልግሎቶችን ለመተግበር ዝግጁ ከሆኑ አምስት የፌዴራል ተቋማት ጋር የመግባቢያ ሰነድ ተፈረመ ::
- ሰኔ 24፣ 2010 ዓ.ም የመገናኛና ኢንፎርሜሽን ቴክኖሎጂዎች በመንግስት ተቋማት ያላቸዉን አተገባበርን በተመለከተ ዉይይት ተካሄደ፡፡
- ሰኔ 23፣2010 ዓ.ም ሁለተኛዉ ዓለም አቀፍ አይሲቲ ኤክስፖ ኢትዮጵያ በድምቀት በክቡር ምክትል ጠቅላይ ሚኒስቴር ደመቀ መኮንን ተከፈተ፡፡
- ሰኔ 21 ፣ 2010 ዓ.ም ለሁለተኛዉ ዓለም አቀፍ የአይሲቲ ኤክስፖ የተመለከተ ጋዜጣዊ መግለጫ ተሰጠ ፡፡
- The 2nd ICT EXPO ETHIOPIA will be held from June 30 - July 4, 2018 at the Millennium Hall
- ሰኔ 14፣2010 የመገናኛና ኢንፎርሜሽን ቴክኖሎጂ ሚኒስቴር ዘርፉን አስመልክቶ አውደ ጥናት አካሄደ
- በሚኒስትር መስሪያ ቤታችን እና በኢመደኤ በከፍተኛ የሥራ ኃላፊዎች ደረጃ ውይይት ተደረገ::