International Girls in ICT Day Celebrated
The International Girls in ICT Day Celebrated here in Addis Ababa at AU Conference Center. The Day is celebrated jointly by Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, The AU,and The International Telecommunication Union Regional Office for Africa. Ethio Telecom, and other local ICT companies were also partners of the event.
International Girls in ICT Day is an initiative backed by ITU Member States to create a global environment that empowers and encourages girls and young women to consider studies and careers in the growing field of information and communication technologies (ICTs). Under this Initiative, it is hoped that Girls will be encouraged to consider a career in the exciting world of ICTs.
Minister of Communication and Information Technology, H.E. Mrs. Ubah Mohammed, AU Commissioner of Infrastructure and Energy, H.E Dr. Amani Abou-Zeid, and Director of ITU Regional Office for Africa were dignitaries present on the event. About 200 girls from Addis Ababa High Schools participated in the event.
Minister of Communication and Information Technology, H.E. Mrs. Ubah Mohammed addressed the girls saying that ICTs are an essential tool for the social and economic development of girls and young women, providing education, promoting literacy, improving access to healthcare and participation in government and civic society. Women then reinvest in families and communities, multiplying the benefits of investment. The Honorable Minister also stated that If we commit ourselves to raise awareness on empowering and encouraging girls and young women to consider studies and careers in ICTs, we will have a precious opportunity here to ensure that women and girls are fully included in the expansion of the digital world, and that their voice and presence are shaping the United Nations development agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Technology offers large-scale opportunities to empower women and girls, creating a systemic cultural shift by improving how they are portrayed and represented. These are the tools that will ultimately allow girls and women to reach their full potential and ultimate goals. So let us all make sure that women and girls also have access to the incredible benefits of the online world.
The Honorable minister encouraged the young girls present and their sisters at home to make use of all such opportunities to obtain education that will ensure not only gainful employment in the future but the tools to engage in their own start-up companies and become employers themselves. You are here today to learn and be aware of these vast ranges of opportunities offered by ICTs. I hope that this celebration will be productive for you and you will continue to become ICT creators who will redefine the future, the Minister added.
AU Commissioner for Infrastructure and Energy, H.E. Dr. Amani Abou-Zeid, and Director of ITU Regional Office, Mr. Andrew Rugege, inspired the girls saying that girls and women are capable to take careers equally with boys and men in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and there is nothing as such which will be considered as girls or women can't perform and succeed.
The event hosted panel discussion by inspirational women speakers, who shared their talent and professional experience to the girls, and questions and answers sessions. Tablets and smart phones are also distributed as a prize for winner girls in different competitions.
- በኢትዮ ቴሌኮም የሥራ አመራር ቦርድነት እና በዋና ሥራ አስፈፃሚነት ሲያገለግሉ የነበሩትንና በአዲስ መልክ እንዲመሩ ለተመደቡት ሽኝትና አቀባበል ፕሮግራም ተደረገ::
- The Ministry would like to express deep sorrow for the sudden loss and death Engineer Simegnew Bekele.
- ሐምሌ 10 ፣2010 ዓ.ም ክብርት ወ/ሮ ዑባህ መሀመድ አቃቂ የሚገኘውን የሚንስቴር መ/ቤቱን የኮምፒዩተር ማደሻና ማሰልጠኛ ተቋም በመጉብኘት የስራ አቅጣጫ ሰጡ፡፡
- July 2, 2018,Ethiopian ICT Conference 2018 was held on the 2nd International ICT EXPO, Ethiopia
- ሰኔ 24፣ 2010 ዓ.ም ኢትዮጵያ በአይሲቲ ዘርፍ መድረስ ከሚገባት ደረጃ ላይ ለመገኘት የግሉን ዘርፍ ዓይነተኛ ሚና እንዳለዉ ተገለፀ::
- ሰኔ 24፣ 2010 ዓ.ም የለሙ የመንግስት የኤሌክትሮኒክስ አገልግሎቶችን ለመተግበር ዝግጁ ከሆኑ አምስት የፌዴራል ተቋማት ጋር የመግባቢያ ሰነድ ተፈረመ ::
- ሰኔ 24፣ 2010 ዓ.ም የመገናኛና ኢንፎርሜሽን ቴክኖሎጂዎች በመንግስት ተቋማት ያላቸዉን አተገባበርን በተመለከተ ዉይይት ተካሄደ፡፡
- ሰኔ 23፣2010 ዓ.ም ሁለተኛዉ ዓለም አቀፍ አይሲቲ ኤክስፖ ኢትዮጵያ በድምቀት በክቡር ምክትል ጠቅላይ ሚኒስቴር ደመቀ መኮንን ተከፈተ፡፡
- ሰኔ 21 ፣ 2010 ዓ.ም ለሁለተኛዉ ዓለም አቀፍ የአይሲቲ ኤክስፖ የተመለከተ ጋዜጣዊ መግለጫ ተሰጠ ፡፡
- The 2nd ICT EXPO ETHIOPIA will be held from June 30 - July 4, 2018 at the Millennium Hall