IST-Africa Horizon 2020, Workshop Was held at Addis Ababa Ghion Hotel
Organized by Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Ethiopia in Cooperation with IIMC Ireland (IST-Africa Project Coordinator) and Sponsored by the European Commission under FP 7,it took place from 05-06,Dec/2013.
The Workshop was launched by H.E.Mr. Getachew Negash, State Minister of Ministry of Communication and Information Technology. In his address the workshop is reconcile when the government of Ethiopia is aggressively focused and acknowledged on ICT and its related activities to solve the national development goals.
The conference was aimed at creating awareness on Horizon 2020 program and enhanced research, cooperation and innovation in Africa which is focused on applied ICT and core thematic areas such as, Health, Agriculture, ICT, and Urban Planning. To address this objective, short presentations have been delivered by Ethiopian participants and shared their findings and experiences.
Among these, prominent research findings from Mekele University, entitled WAHARA,a research focused to solve harvesting and accumulation of rainfall, was presented by Dr. Kifle, a topic entitled CLUVA, which was emphasized on to assess risks and vulnerabilities of urban infrastructure ,climate and urban flooding problem was provide by Dr.Kumlachew from Ethiopian institute of Architecture(EIABC), and other presenters from University of Gondar,by Dr.Ermias Diro, a research finding about Africoleish project a disease which is found in Western Humera and Western Border of Ethiopia, and from Arba-Minch University a topic entitled CLARA Project which focused on strengthen and integrated water supply and sanitation for Small communities was provided by Teshale Dalecha.
Presentation on, HORIZON, 2020 program was aimed at funding program to research findings in health, Agricultural productivity and ICT, in the year between 2014-2020 for African countries was provided by Stephan Hogan, science counselor ,EU Delegation to the African Union, CAAST-Net Plus by Melissa Plath, UnipiD, from University of Jyvaskyla Finland, and Sustainable Living Labs by Paul Cunningham,, and Miriam Cunningham was provided to the participants.
The workshop was focused on providing an introduction to the Living Labs and how these evolved in other African Countries as well as in Europe. The political roles of stake holders in Living Labs in the context of Ethiopia, has been discussed by all participants
The workshop was interactive and with high level of participant engagement; new ideas and concepts were raised by participants and answered from presenters and from similar participants.
It was officially closed by Dr. Leulseged Alemie, Director for Communication and Information Technology Capacity building Directorates at MCIT.
- 05.09.2018 - UPU praises postal operators at security awards ceremony
- 04.09.2018 Second Extraordinary Congress hits ground running with consensus agreement on UPU reform
- Transcript of the opening press conference of the Second Extraordinary Congress
- 03.09.2018 Ethiopian dance group’s remarkable energy sets tone for remainder of UPU’s Second Extraordinary Congress
- August 30,2018, Universal Postal Union conference will be held from September 3-7, 2018 in Addis Ababa
- በኢትዮ ቴሌኮም የሥራ አመራር ቦርድነት እና በዋና ሥራ አስፈፃሚነት ሲያገለግሉ የነበሩትንና በአዲስ መልክ እንዲመሩ ለተመደቡት ሽኝትና አቀባበል ፕሮግራም ተደረገ::
- The Ministry would like to express deep sorrow for the sudden loss and death Engineer Simegnew Bekele.
- ሐምሌ 10 ፣2010 ዓ.ም ክብርት ወ/ሮ ዑባህ መሀመድ አቃቂ የሚገኘውን የሚንስቴር መ/ቤቱን የኮምፒዩተር ማደሻና ማሰልጠኛ ተቋም በመጉብኘት የስራ አቅጣጫ ሰጡ፡፡
- July 2, 2018,Ethiopian ICT Conference 2018 was held on the 2nd International ICT EXPO, Ethiopia
- ሰኔ 24፣ 2010 ዓ.ም ኢትዮጵያ በአይሲቲ ዘርፍ መድረስ ከሚገባት ደረጃ ላይ ለመገኘት የግሉን ዘርፍ ዓይነተኛ ሚና እንዳለዉ ተገለፀ::