MCIT hosted IST-Africa H2020 Workshop focused on ICT-39 in Addis Ababa, 17 November
IST-Africa organised a series of Horizon 2020 Workshops in Malawi, Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda and Burundi during November 2014, specifically focused on raising awareness of opportunities under the ICT-39 Call "International partnership building in low and middle-income countries" with a deadline of 14 April 2015.
Ministry of Communication and Information Technology (MCIT) as the IST-Africa partner in Ethiopia organised the IST-Africa Horizon 2020 Workshop in Addis Ababa on 17 November 2014. All relevant stakeholders were invited to participate to raise awareness of the opportunity for research cooperation at international level.
The workshop was well attended with 38 participants from Adama Science and Technology University (Department of Computing); Addis Ababa University (IT Doctoral Programme, College of Information Science); Andalem; Arba Minch University; Axsum University; Bahir Dar University; Debre Birhan University (College of Computing); Debre Markos University; European Commission; Gondor University (Institute of Public Health, Department of Health Informatics); Haromaya University (College of Computer Science); Hawassa University (ICT Incubation Centre); ICT CoE; Jimma University; MCIT; Mekelle Institute of Technology and Wollega University (ICT Directory).
Each organisation presented their current research capacity and areas of most interest for International Cooperation. This was very interesting for all participants as it provided an important opportunity for staff members from different institutions across the country to meet and share their experiences.
- Ethiopia Ready for New Digital World Adopted Globally, Says Minister
- IST- Africa Profile
- MCIT hosted IST-Africa H2020 Workshop focused on ICT-39 in Addis Ababa, 17 November
- IST-Africa Horizon 2020, Workshop Was held at Addis Ababa Ghion Hotel
- Innovation Africa Digital Summit 2013
- MCIT has organized the 6th ICT Exhibition and Bazaar
- Ministry launched its first e-government SMS services
- EthioICT-Village administration and data center buildings are under construction
- MCIT has launched the first Ethiopian E-service Portal