888 Toll Free Governmental Call Center
Ministry of Communication and Information Technology has facilitated the establishment of a Government call center 888 with an objective of providing one – stop solution to all citizen queries. Citizens can call up the toll free number, 888, and get answers to their queries related to various Organizations in Regional States, Ministries, Agencies, and etc.. The call Center has been operating since July 2010 G.C. The call center can be accessed free-of-charge both from landlines and cell phones.
The main purpose of implementing Governmental Call Center is to offer variety of supports and to provide information to Ethiopian citizens. The call center is established so that all regions will entertain their own regions’ customers but using the same number 888 for all regions.
The establishment of the call center will enhance Government services to the public by accomplishing a number of outcomes that will have an impact on the public’s access and experience with the government, while lowering the cost of service for both the Government and the public. Some of the key outcomes are the need for uniformity, cost efficiencies, reducing complaints and improving the public’s access and experience with Government Agencies.
List of Federal Governmental Organizations in the call Center
- Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Industry Minister
- Ministry of Urban Development and Housing
- Ministry of Youth and Sport
- Document Authentication and Registration Agency
- FDRE Federal Attorney
- Public Service Social Security Agency
- National Archive and Library Agency
- Federal Transport Authority
- Private Organizations Employees Social Security Agency
- Ethiopian Institution of the Ombudsman
List of Addis Ababa City Administration Organizations in the call center
- Addis Ababa City Government Land development and Management Bureau Tenure Administration Transitional Period Service Project Office.
- Addis Ababa City Transport Authority
- Addis Ababa City Administration Communication Affairs Bureau
- Addis Ababa City Administration Communications Affairs Bureau provides information on behalf of all the governmental organizations in Addis Ababa
DireDawa City Administration Call Center
- Provides information for all the governmental organizations in DireDawa City Administration.
Regional Government states in the Call Center
1. Tigray Regional State
- The call center provides information and responds for all queries from citizens in Tigray Regional State organizations.
2. Amhara Regional State
- The call center provides information and responds for all queries from citizens in Amhara Regional State organizations.
3. Oromia Regional State
- Oromia Jusice Sector
- Oromia Social Sector
- Oromia Industry and Urban Development Sector
- Oromia Agriculture and Rural Development Sector
- Oromia Core Supporting Sector
4. Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples' Regional State
- The call center provides information and responds for all queries from citizens in SNNP Regional State organizations.
5. Somali Regional State
- The call center provides information and responds for all queries from citizens in Somali Regional State organizations.