Director:- Dr.Leulseged Alemie
The CIT Capacity Building Directorate is one of the core directorate of the Ministry (MCIT),and is responsible to Guide, support and coordinate ICT training, Support & Consultancy Services and Research & development Activities.
The Activities of the Directorate:
- Conduct and facilitate short term ICT training programs for federal ministries and regional governments.
- Provide expert advice on ICT occupational standard , curriculum development & revision for different levels of education i.e. primary, secondary, TVET program and higher educations.
- Provide expert advice &support on information systems development/ implementation to customers which will not be treated or handled by e-government directorate.
- Provide expert advice &support during the organizational structure of ICT units and their staffing for government organizations.
- Monitor and evaluate the consultancy services provided by other consultants.
- Provide the following types of technical support services when needed necessary for government organizations that will not be treated or handled by e-government service.
- Prepare technical specifications for Hardware & Software.
- Evaluation of technical proposals.
- Hardware & Software Inspection.
- End user support/fixing technical problems.
- Evaluation of Term of Reference (TOR).
- Guide, support and Coordinate ICT Human Resource Development of the country in line with national socio-economic development priorities and conduct research’s in human resource capital utilization & new job creation.
- Guide, support and Coordinate ICT Research, technology development and application grant on a competitive basis in line with national socio-economic development priorities
- Provide awards and national recognition to outstanding and creative achievements in the ICT research and development activities.
Get the procedure manuals from here
Office Phone +251(0)11 550 5849,
Fax:- +251(0)11 5503974,
Physical Address:- Alta Building, 5th Floor,
Mexico Square, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia